Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Psalms 7:1-5

Psalm 7, 37, 67, 97, 127

What is my part in this??

Psalms 7:1-5
1 O Lord my God, in You I have taken refuge; Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
2 Or he will tear my soul like a lion, dragging me away, while there is none to deliver.
3 O Lord my God, if I have done this, if there is injustice in my hands,
4 If I have rewarded evil to my friend, or have plundered him who without cause was my adversary,
5 Let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it; and let him trample my life down to the ground and lay my glory in the dust.

This passage begins with a statement of fact- “Lord I’m hiding in You because otherwise I will be torn to shreds.” Next he questions his role-“Lord, did I do harm to some one who was at peace with me? Have I created this chaos around me?” He must have been sure the answer would be no to his question or he wouldn’t have had such drastic judgment for a yes answer.

We recognize as David did that God is our rescuer, it is His nature. He does not do it based on our innocence or guilt. I do ask at chaotic times what was my part in creating this situation but I do this so I can repent to God and make restitution or seek restoration.
I sound real spiritual but it is a little like wrestling and you are pinned and you do not see any relieve from the pressure until you call ‘uncle’. Unfortunately it is our nature to at first be concentrating on ourselves and what others or life is doing to mistreat us. It reminds me of the statement that there are three sides to every story-yours, mine and the truth.

As I stand back and listen carefully I have the opportunity to evaluate my responsibility and the leading of the Lord for the times relationship can be restored or peace when the other party is closed and there will not be a future with this person.

I imagine how wonderful it must have been for David to know he was God’s anointed King to replace Saul and yet David spent many years running for his life. David felt the pain of lost relationship, especially with Jonathan and his wife Mical. He went from being National Hero to Israel’s Most-Wanted based on Saul’s jealousy. The best decision that David made was refusing to take the opportunity to exact some revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment