Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Power of positive thinking

Psalms 12:4 ….”We can talk anyone into anything! Our lips manage the world” (Msg Bible)
Psalms 12:6 God’s words are pure words….. (Msg Bible)

This reminds me of the ‘positive thinking’ message, or the spiritual version, ‘name it and claim it’. There is a truth that our thought life is important. Scripture says. ‘as a man thinketh in his heart he is’. Simple example: go in to work and find you have made a hugh mistake that has serious fall out. If you are me you beat yourself up the rest of the day and worry about keeping your job and how you can make amends and prevent it from happening again. So by the end of the day worn out from the fight within. Then the other side is those people whose every word thought and deed is a focus on the success and grand life they desire and is visualized into reality.

I am a realist-also known as a pessimist-I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and the shoes are falling off a millipede or I would be done with shoe drops by now. So I have learned that God is my source and the decider of what I need or if it is a want, and the best part is He doesn’t only care about necessities because has unlimited supplies.

So the challenge is not to think my way to joy, success and things-but to put the kingdom of God first and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 6:30-33 If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers--most of which are never even seen—don’t you think He’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do His best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way He works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how He works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. (Msg Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment