Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24th, 2010

Psa 54:6-7 Willingly I will sacrifice to You; I will give thanks to Your name, O Lord, for it is good. For He has delivered me from all trouble, and my eye has looked with satisfaction upon my enemies. (NAS)

Sacrifice: Webster’s Dictionary (2) The act of giving up, destroying, permitting injury to or foregoing something valued for the sake of something having a more pressing claim.

‘Foregoing something valued for the sake of something having a more pressing claim’ really grabbed me this morning. What is my sacrifice-time, worship, a song, money? I know deep in my heart that He wants more, in fact, all of me! I am to be a living sacrifice, not lost and empty but fully alive in the Spirit. Taking time to notice the things He notices thru me, and reaching out as He directs. I added the ‘as He directs’ because othewise I become self-directed. If done because I see it, and I can meet the need, I have a tendency toward running off on my own and then getting overwhelmed and needing to call for help.

The phrase ‘more pressing claim’ reminds me I have been purchased at great cost, not to me but to the One sinned against. The Father took his valuable Son and put Him in the position to die a despicable death for my sin. I am a servant who chooses my Master, because He chose me. I am not a slave with no choice and therefore resentful. Which brings us to the word ‘willing’, I don’t want to live as if I have something more important to do than to obey the One who loves me the most. I want to lay down my lists, my desires and my dreams, even the ones I am sure are from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment